The IRDP-LZC Library
The Center’s Library is the heart of the Institute and it is an integral part of the institute’s mission which revolves around teaching, research, and consultancy. It is also a Institute’s repository for materials including research, consultancy and students reports.
The library provides access to both print and electronic information resources including number of print and electronic journals and books. It maintains a collection of more than 1500 titles and over 50 printed journals and a number of subscribed and free electronic journals and books.
The library also provides information services to library users within and outside the centre’s community. These services include; lending of library materials, document delivery services, traditional and electronic references services, Selective Dissemination of Information (SDI) and Current Awareness Service (CAS). Other services provided by the library include; research, publications, consultancy and information literacy.
The IRDP-LZC Library is a typical component of the library of IRDP Main Campus in Dodoma in this case, it respond to the ‘’Library Service Policy and Operational Procedures’’ from the library of the main campus.
Monday – Saturday
8:30-18:30 and 19:30-22:30
Sunday and Holidays
Links of Electronic Resources
1. Open Sources
- Access to research for Development in the Environmental and innovation (ARDI)http://ardi.wipo.int
- Online Access to Research in the Environment (OARE) –http://www.unep.org/oare
- Access to Global Online Research in Agriculture (AGORA)-http://www.fao.org/agora/
- HINARI – Access to Research for Health Programme –www.who.int/hinari
- Database of African Theses and Dissertation Including research – datad.aau.org
2. Subscribed Data through COTUL
- Emeraldinsight - https://www.emeraldinsight.com
- SAGE - http://www.sage.com/za
- JSTOR - https://www.jstor.org
- Taylor and Francis - https://taylorandfrancis.com/about/