One of the major functions of IRDP is to provide forum for training of public leaders, functional officers and the community in various aspects of development planning, so that the decision making and public participation at all levels is more objective and purposeful. The Institute, therefore, offers short courses of one to six weeks. The courses are intended to acquaint participants with knowledge and skills of development planning, management and administration. They integrate theory and practice to carter for development skills needed at all levels. Concentration and depth depends on the role of participants within the existing administrative functional step up.
The Institute of Rural Development Planning Lake Zone Centre offers wide range of short course training programmes pertaining to development and management planning. The training programme intends to bridge knowledge gap to different development practitioners including the central government sectors, Local Government Authorities (LGAs), Community Based Organizations (CBOs), Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Private Sector and individuals. As recognized Government Higher Learning Institution, we strive to be a centre of excellence which maintains high quality service delivery through consultation, encouraging feedback and responding both to staff and clients needs. In respect to this, we take a special pride in what we do and how we do it through self respect, commitment to our work and respect of our fellow employees and clients. Also IRDP Lake Zone Centre offers tailor made courses upon request. The design of such programmes is done in collaboration with the clients to suit their needs.
LIST OF SHORT COURSE TRAINING PROGRAMMES
1. The Role of Senior Managers in Managing Community Projects
2. Group Dynamics and Community Mobilization for Development Initiatives
3. Participatory Project Planning, Monitoring and Impact Assessment
4. Leadership and Development Management in Local Government Authorities
5. Participatory Natural Resources Planning and Management
6. Management of Development Projects at Grassroots Level
7. Conducting official meeting and minutes writing skills
8. Resource Mobilization and Fundraising Techniques
9. Advocacy, Lobbying and Fundraising
10. Good Governance and Development Planning in Local Government Authorities and NGOs
11. Integration of Results-Based Management into Development Programmes/Projects
12. Project Design and Planning Process in Local Government Authorities and NGOs
13. Projects Cycle Management for Community Projects
14. Policy Analysis Skills
15. Improving Financial Control/ Records in Local Government Authorities.
16. Report Writing Skills
17. Negotiation Skills
18. Analytical Report Writing
19. Enhancing Revenue Collection strategies at Local Government Authorities
20. Land development and E.I.A applications
21. GIS applications in infrastructure development and Land Use Planning
The combination of pedagogical methods will be employed including formal class lectures, group discussions, case studies and study tours. It will emphasize practical applications to help participants acquire the skills in dealing with issues related to development and management planning. Attention will also be given to relevant comparative analysis with respect to other parts of the globe. Resource persons will be experts from IRDP and other Institutions within and outside the Country. At the end of each session, a comprehensive evaluation of the course will be carried out to enable Institute to make appropriate improvements to future service delivery.
For further information please contact;
Head of Academics,
Institute of Rural Development Planning Lake Zone Centre (IRDP- LZC),
P. O .Box 11957,
Phone: 028 2560995
Fax: 028 2560994
Mobile Phone: +255 0784 410 536
+255 0757 528 208